The University Visit Program (UVP) at the University of Utah is designed to help prospective graduate students travel to the campus. Through the UVP, students can meet with department advisors, professors, current students, and the Associate Dean of Graduate Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. These meetings, interviews, and events are a chance for students to ask questions about the program coursework, research opportunities, assistantships, mentoring, and more. It's an opportunity for the students and the university to determine if the graduate program is a good intellectual, cultural, and professional fit. Making an informed decision about choosing a graduate or professional program is crucial, and the UVP provides a chance for a two-way interview process.
We anticipate that your University Visit Program will include personal attention in the following ways:
- Interview with faculty in your graduate program of interest with the goal of identifying an appropriate mentor and/or advisor
- Network with current graduate students in your program of interest to gain an insider’s perspective
- Meet with the Associate Dean of Graduate Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion who can share information about recruitment and retention initiatives
- Learn how you can contribute to the increasingly diverse campus community, specifically with underrepresented graduate students
There are a limited number of UVP awards. Applicants will be selected on the basis of academic achievement, the promise of academic success, financial need, and a sustained personal commitment to historically underrepresented communities in the U.S. and in the academy.
Level of Support
- Bring the commitment to historically underrepresented communities in the U.S. and in the academy, and are able to bring diversity into learning, teaching, and/or scholarship.
- Have applied and been accepted into a University of Utah graduate program (*currently enrolled students are not eligible for funding)
- Earned a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
The UVP is offered on a rolling basis in concert with department recruitment cycles. All application documents must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org